Sunday, September 6, 2009

My first week back to work!

Well this past week was tough… Let’s just start with Monday. I was supposed to start back at Briarfield after taking two weeks off to stay home with Addison. Instead I was at the court house serving on the Grand Jury. Yes, it’s my luck my name was drawn from the box. Luckily we did what we had to do and were out of there by 1 and we do not have to go back for a few months. I had Addison’s 2 month appointment scheduled for her shots. My idea was to do them while I was still at home and Chris too (so he could be the ‘bad’ guy). Well, we get there, she’s already had her Tylenol in preparation and as Angie is doing the paperwork, Shenita realizes Addison is not 2 months old until the next day so no shots on Monday.

Tuesday…my first official day back at work and the Lord blessed me in that Chris did not have to work so I was able to leave the house knowing not only that my baby is in good hands but she is with someone she knows and knows her routine. That was comforting. I did fine throughout the morning but about one o’clock oh my, I was ready to go home. The eyes were beginning to water. But I survived, Thank you Father. When I got home Addison and Chris were waiting at the door for me (and to go back to the doctor). We were off to get her shots and somehow I ended up being the one to hold her down during this traumatic experience (for me!) I thought that was why I wanted Chris there, but I just could not walk away. She looked me straight in my eyes as I was holding her down and the nurse gave her 3 shots!!! It hurt me and her both. She screamed a scream I had never heard before!! But then after getting her calmed down she was fine except that when we got her home she would not let me put her down so she napped in my arms. That was okay with me. :)

Wednesday…Well I had been praying all week for this day and the good Lord answered my prayers. I woke up with such peace it was amazing. We got ready and out the door we went, to Mrs. Vicki’s. I just have to say that God answered my prayers in that He has placed Vicki in our life. She is a wonderful, trustworthy, Christian lady. Addison welcomed her in such a way I was just at peace. I left her feeling very comfortable in my spirit and mind realizing that she was probably going to be more spoiled by Vicki than myself. I checked in on her once that morning and things were going great. Until I got a call at school that Kaylyn, Vicki’s oldest daughter was on her way home with strep throat. Great! I thought! So I called Stephanie, and she was more than willing to help out. So, Stephanie kept Addison that afternoon and Thursday.

Friday…This was a tough one. We got home late from Tyler’s ballgame, which got us off our bedtime schedule. Needless to say we did not go to sleep until 11:45 instead of 9:00. Momma was tired! Addison was going to Nana’s today. This is something I am excited about. My mom does not work on Fridays and she already has Audree (Addison’s 1yr. old cousin) on Friday. So she will be keeping them both and yes I was very nervous. I kept telling mom a 1 yr old and a 2 month old was a lot of work but she insisted. You see Audree LOVES her Nana and was not too excited when her Nana would hold Addison. But she’s come around. I called mom throughout the day checking in and things went great. They had very few meltdowns.

So I guess I could say that the week was not to bad, just long. I was definitely ready for the weekend, which was a 3 day weekend. YEAH! And everyone tells me it gets better and easier. I hope so, I sure hate leaving my baby. 7 hours is a long time, even if she gonna be sleeping most of the time.

I do want to say THANK YOU to those of you that prayed for me last week. Your prayers got me through the week. Thanks!!!

5 comments:

MOMMY & AG said...

It's gonna be hard leaving her. TRUST ME I KNOW! Audree is 1 & I still cry. I HATE LEAVING HER! Just know that she is in good hands & that she will be taken care of! You're an excellent mother & I feel your pain. We love you!

Carey said...

Sweet thing,
I thought about you so much this week and lifted you up! I am serious when I say if you need me...I will definitely watch Addison for you! U are blessed Vicki will probably spoil that girl good for u :)

Ashley Bray said...

Glad your first week is behind you. Take it from someone with experience, it does get better. Even when they do cry you know they love you but are in good hands. I'll keep prayers and good thoughts going out as you go each day!

Sarah Beth and Cullen Kovac said...

Will is 5 months old and it is still hard for me to leave! Sorry to give you bad news, but as my always positive mom says "at least you get off at 3" We have to thank God for the blessings in our lives and that is one! Love you and the pictures. She is adorable. Can't wait to get my hands on her.

kathleen condrey said...

Kelly,
Addison is just beautiful-in fact she is perfect! I have not seen her since I got her precious birth announcement. I can definately see both her mommy and daddy in her!
So glad you made it through your first week at school. I was thinking about you!
Trust that Vicki is taking care of her and loving her to pieces!!
Enjoy every second, b/c they grow & change so fast!